The Vernon Vipers Youth Cheerleading program is open to Vernon residents only and consists of 4 teams broken down by age as of Dec 31st of the playing year -- A (13-14) - B (11-12) - C (9-10) - Mighty Mite (7-8). The cheerleaders are on the sidelines of all the games for their respective team, cheering on the game.
Cheerleading Competition - A, B, and C levels are competitive teams that compete in a cheerleading competition at the end of the year. The Mighty Mite teams are instructional and practice an exhibition cheer routine that is also performed at the competition.
Practices: All teams will practice during the month of August at Legion Field. Please follow practice schedule provided by your teams coach. Not all teams practice on the same nights.
When School Starts:
- Mighty Mites - 2 nights a week at a school yet to be determined - 6-8 p.m.
- C Team - 2 nights a week at a school yet to be determined - 6-8 p.m.
- B Team - 3 nights a week at a school yet to be determined 6-8 p.m. and 1-2 Saturdays a month, September and October, yet to be determined
- A Team - 3 nights a week at a school yet to be determined 6-8 p.m. and 1-2 Saturdays a month, September and October, yet to be determined.
Uniforms for cheerleading and football players are provided and must be returned at the end of the season. Some personal items will have to be purchased. see the uniforms section under registration
Registrations are held through out the year, we have enough openings for approximately 20 to 30 players per team (depending on the team), so sign up early to ensure your place on a team. We do not have tryouts, all who can signup will play and compete.
Our League - The Vernon Youth Cheerleading organization is a member of the Connecticut Youth Football League (CTYFL). This is a local league consisting of East Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor, South Windsor, Haddam Killingworth, Durham/Middlefield, Simsbury/Granby, New Hartford, Berlin, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield, and Glastonbury.
Games - All our games are played on Sundays, with our home games at Legion Field in Vernon. Regular season game times are as follows:
B-Squad ..........9:00 a.m.........(11&12 yr olds)
A-Squad ........11:00 a.m.........(13&14 yr olds)
C-Squad ..........1:00 p.m.........(9&10 yr olds)
Mighty Mites ....3:00 p.m. .......(7&8 yr olds)
The following High School rules apply to all participating in cheerleading:
- *No jewelry (rings, toe rings, belly button ring/bar, earring, necklaces, bracelets, nose rings, tongue rings and eyebrow ′¿½ no pierced earrings)
- *No make-up
- *No fingernail polish or toe polish, no fake nails
- *No barrettes or hair clips
- *No jean shorts, skirts or skorts
- *No pockets or zippers, no drawstrings
- *No tank tops, camis or spaghetti straps
- *We require full coverage underwear
- *All hair must be put into a pony tail off the neck
- crew or v neck tee shirts (NO TANK TOPS OR CAMI'S)
- cotton shorts
- Cheerleading sneakers (yet to be determined)
***PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD BRINGS A WATER BOTTLE***
GAME DAY ATTIRE:
- Cheerleading uniform (provided by Vipers)
- White turtleneck (purchase on website) ½ zipper back and snap middle
- White no show socks
- Cheerleading sneakers (purchase on website)
- Royal blue bloomers (purchase on website)
- Hair tie
- Warm-ups in cold weather (must be purchased uniforms section )
THIS IS BOTH PRACTICES AND GAMES
- 3 Tardy's = 1 absence (after we go to indoor practices)
- 4 absences no competition, no exhibition (after we go to indoor practices)
- A parent must call a coach if their child will not be at practice or game.
- If your child is going on vacation during Aug, please give your child's team coach a note with the dates.